Saint Luke Society (SLS), a ministry of doctors and medical professionals and a member of World Olivet Assembly, have asked for continuous prayers for those affected by Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
The St Luke Society has prepared a list of preventative measures and announced them to churches and para-church organizations of World Olivet Assembly.
The recent Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, which originated from Wuhan, China, has proliferated worldwide, causing death toll of 5,411 as of March 13. The United States has declared the state of national emergency today. The pneumonia inducing virus can cause many symptoms including coughs, fever, and breathing difficulties. In severe cases, some patients have experienced organ failure. Although this pandemic impresses great fear on many people, an individual can be kept from being infected if preventative measures are well followed.
Below are several preventative measures that have been advised for limiting the spread of COVID-19 infections:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wear face-masks.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
Saint Luke Society prays for the protection from the Coronavirus and, most of all, for the complete eradication of the virus so that it is no longer an impediment for Christian missions.